Wednesday, December 22, 2010

No rub-downs this week

TTTM is starting to think that the TSA no longer loves me.  This week, I did a round-trip between MSP and ORD, and not one TSA agent offered me a rub-down.

At MSP, I used the Skyway Security Checkpoint (as per usual), and the AIT machine was in use when I approached.  As I got towards the front of the line, the TSA agents looked around, and then roped off the machine.  I'd like to believe it's because TTTM's reputation precedes me, but I guess that there just weren't enough old people and children in line to make the AIT worth the time.

On the way back from ORD, I approached the checkpoint at Terminal 2 (between Delta and US Airways), and noticed that there isn't even an AIT on the left-hand side of the checkpoint.  In fact, if you want to expose yourself to copious amounts of radiation and government ogling, you have to go to the very, very far right, where they *might* be using the AIT machines.

So, TTTM didn't get her Christmas wish of a nice rub-down from the government.  Instead, I got this awesome bit of news about the TSA's complete and utter ineptitude:  Man Carries Gun onto International Flight.  Oh, but just so that you can sleep well at night....  Know that the TSA in Lafayette, LA was able to catch a chicken stuffed with crawfish.  That's good, because you never want a mass salmonella outbreak on a regional jet.

Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment